The Red Cross offers several phone apps to help keep you safe.
The link to these applications is available on the Emergency Information and the Other Helpful Information pages as well as at the bottom of this article.
The all-inclusive Emergency App from the American Red Cross provides people with instant access to emergency alerts, life-saving information, and ways to contact family and friends in one free, easy-to-use app for smart phones and tablets.
The Emergency App is a single ‘go-to’ source for everything from home fires to hurricanes. It includes content from a group of award-winning Red Cross apps with additional information about what to do in case of 14 different types of emergencies and disasters. Users can customize more than 35 emergency alerts based on their location and where loved ones live.
Other important features include:
- Emergency first aid information for situations such as heart attacks, heat-related emergencies as well as water safety information;
- Preloaded content so users can access guidance from Red Cross experts even without mobile connectivity;
- A single map with open Red Cross shelter locations and weather information;
- A home fire section with detailed prevention and safety tips as well as Red Cross “After the Fire” information;
- “Make a Plan” feature to help families plan what to do and where to go if a disaster strikes; and
- The ability to easily toggle between English and Spanish.